**** AUCTION POSTPONED TO CORRECT TITLE DEFECT. AUCTION WILL RESUME WHEN COMPLETED. *****
ABSOLUTE * NO MINIMUM BID * NO RESERVE PRICE
ONLINE ONLY AUCTION
PRIME RECRATIONAL LAND * WESTON BLUFFS WALKING TRAIL * BUILDING OPPORTUNITY
TIMBER * PEACEFUL AREA * HIKING * WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY * PLATTE COUNTY, MISSOURI
ONLINE BIDDING OPENS: TBD
ONLINE BIDDING CLOSES: TBD
REGISTER & BID ONLINE: Go to www.AuctionKansasCity.com and register online. All bidding is conducted online only and registration can take up to 24 hours, so please register before the last day.
PROPERTY LOCATION: in Weston, Missouri the property is bordered on the north by Thomas Street and on the northwest portion by Cherry Street. You can also take Welt Street south to where it turns into the Weston Bluffs Walking Trail, which runs through the south portion of the subject property. See map link for approximate property boundaries. Watch for Auction signs.
MAP LINK: https://uc.mapright.com/ranching/maps/be8a0882e0ec532d598ece6a1252a4d8/share
LEGAL DESCRIPTION: Approximately 48 acre tract of land which is inside the Weston, MO city limits and located in Section 13, Township 53 North, Range 36, Platte County, Missouri. A more precise legal description is outlined in the Title Insurance Commitment.
ACREAGE: There are 48+/- acres according to Platte County, Missouri.
PROPERTY PREVIEW: This property is vacant land and can be viewed at any time. See map link for further directions and property boundaries.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Very unique and rare tract of land in Weston, Mo. The total acreage is approximately 48+/- acres. The property includes 5 plated lots and is located along old South Bluff Road and connecting to the northwest corner of Weston Bend State Park. This parcel has several high points on it that were known as "The Pinnacles" at one time. There is value in the timber on this land. It also offers a one of a kind potential home sites with amazing views of the Missouri River valley off to the west.
TIMBER & HUNTING: The property is comprised of moderate to steep terrain and heavy timber. There appears to be a significant amount of mature hardwood timber on the subject property. The remote access and private surroundings provide for a safe habitat for a variety of wildlife which include (deer, turkey, small game, birds and varmints). The south side of the property is bordered by Bear Creek which drains into the Missouri River.
WESTON, MISSOURI: The town of Weston is unique to say the least. In the 1800’s it was one of the largest ports on the Missouri River and today the town still offers a wide range of historical experiences. There are a variety of unique shops, distilleries, farms, antebellum homes and events that make this town a true treasure. For more information about Weston, Missouri go to: https://www.westonmo.com/
WESTON BEND STATE PARK: The property is bordered by the 1,133 acre Weston Bend State Park. The park is operated by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources and has a variety of hiking, biking, walking and recreational activities. You can learn more about the Weston Bend State Park at: https://mostateparks.com/park/weston-bend-state-park
WESTON BLUFFS TRAIL: The improved walking, biking and hiking trail runs through the south end of the property. The Weston Bluffs Trail is a 3.25 mile limestone trail that follows part of the historic path of Lewis and Clark. You can access Weston Bend State Park from the south end of the trail and it offers great scenic visions of the Missouri River Valley. For more information about the Weston Bluffs Trail, go to: https://www.platteparks.com/weston-bluffs-trail
ELEVATION: The property ranges in elevation from 780’ to over 980’ above sea level, offering excellent views of the Missouri River Valley and surrounding areas of Platte County, Missouri.
SOIL TYPES: The primary soil types on the property are Knox Silt Loam, Knox Silty Clay Loam, Snead-Rock outcrop complex, Parkville Silty Clay Loam.
TAXES: The general taxes for 2018 were $401.19.
MINERALS: The Seller’s share of mineral rights will sell with the surface.
AUCTIONEERS NOTE: This property has been in the Cavallaro Family for many, many years. Their decision to sell affords the new owner an opportunity to purchase a very unique property that could be developed into outstanding home sites on top of the peaks, or just enjoy the solitude of a true in-town get away. For more information about the auction or the property, contact Paul Light, Broker at 816-507-4242.
SELLER: Frank & Janet Cavallaro
Online Auction Bidders Agreement
THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING DOCUMENT. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET FORTH HEREIN, PLEASE CONSULT AN ATTORNEY PRIOR TO SIGNING.
I ________________________________ (Buyer) agree to immediately enter into a Purchase Contract if I am declared the high bidder (winning bidder) by the auctioneer during the following auction:
48 +/- Acres located inside the city limits of Weston, Missouri, further described as follows: Blocks 45, 48, 49, and 50, C and D, B and E, Y and Z, East Fraction pt. Block T, all in the city of Weston, Missouri, County of Platte recording #013888.
- Online Bidding Opens on TBD
- Online Bidding Closes on TBD
By signing below, I agree that I have read and fully understand the Online Auction Bidders Agreement and the Terms and Conditions of this auction.
I fully understand and agree that an Online Auction Bidders Agreement MUST be signed and returned to United Country – Kansas City Auction and Realty, prior to being allowed to bid in the Online Auction. As a bidder, it is solely my responsibility to contact the auction company at (877) 318-0438 with any questions regarding the auction, purchase agreement or terms & conditions, prior to placing any bids in said auction.
Online Auction Terms & Conditions
- Absolute Auction: The property is being offered in an Online Only Auction, with no minimum bid and no reserve price. The property will be sold to the highest bidder, regardless of price.
- Bidding Registration: Online bidder hereby agrees that they must be properly registered for the online auction by completing and signing the (Online Auction Bidders Agreement), which will be sent by email via DocuSign. Upon completing this registration form and receiving approval, bidding privileges will be turned on. If you need assistance with registration, you may contact Lucinda Terrel at (816) 420-6257 or by email at LTerrel@UC-KC.com. Seller(s) may at their sole discretion request additional registration requirements from bidders unknown to them or the auction company.
- Bidding Opens/Closes: The Online Only Auction (i.e. Internet Auction) bidding shall be opened and begin closing on the dates and times stated above.
- Property Preview Dates: The property is vacant land and may be previewed at any time. Contact Paul Light, Broker at 816-507-4242 if you would like to schedule a preview. It is recommended to all bidders to personally inspect the property prior to placing any bids in the auction. Property inspections are the sole responsibility of the bidders.
- Cash Offer/No Financing Contingency: By participating in this auction, bidders hereby agree that their bid shall NOT be subject to the bidder’s ability to obtain financing. By placing a bid in this auction, bidders are making a “cash offer” to purchase the property. Financing is NOT a contingency in the purchase agreement.
- Buyer’s Premium: A TEN Percent (10%) Buyer’s Premium shall be added to the final bid price placed online, which will determine the Total Contract Sales Price. Bidders hereby understand that the Buyer’s Premium shall be added to the winning bid to create the Total Contract Sales Price for which they are obligated to pay for the property.
- Purchase Contract: Winning bidder hereby agrees to enter into a Contract to Purchase the property immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction the winning bidder will be forwarded via email an Auction Real Estate Sales Contract to purchase the property. A signed copy of the Auction Real Estate Sales Contract must be received by United Country – Kansas City Auction and Realty no later than 24 hours from the time said Purchase Contract was sent to the winning bidder. The Auction Real Estate Sales Contract may be (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). A sample purchase contract is available for review online prior to placing any bids in the auction.
- Escrow Deposit: An escrow deposit of Ten Percent (10%) of the total contract purchase price (which includes the buyer’s premium) will be wire transferred or hand delivered in the form of certified funds to the Title Company no later than 48 hours following the close of auction. See closing agents contact information below. The balance of the purchase price will be due in full at closing.
- Closing: Closing shall be on or by TBD . Closing shall take place at Stewart Title Company – 1170 Kansas Ave., Suite A, Liberty MO 64068. Closing Agent is Amber Jarman (Escrow Officer) and her contact information is (816) 988-9494 and email@example.com. Out of state buyers will be afforded the opportunity to close via email, mail and wire transfer of certified funds.
- Easements: The sale of the property is subject to any and all easements of record.
- Minerals: The seller’s share of minerals (if any) will transfer with the surface at closing.
- Survey: Seller shall not require any survey and if the Buyer desires survey, it shall be at the Buyer’s sole expense.
- Possession: Possession of the property will be given upon payment in full of the purchase price and transfer of title, at closing.
- Title Insurance: Title Insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. Seller shall execute a general warranty deed conveying the property to the buyer(s).
- Taxes: Seller shall pay the 2018 and all prior year real estate taxes. 2019 real estate taxes will be pro-rated to the date of closing.
- Online Auction Technology (Disclaimer): Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against United Country – Kansas City Auction and Realty, or anyone else, if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction. Online bidding is subject to technology faults and issues which are outside the control of the auction company. Bidder(s) are encouraged to use the “Maximum Bid” feature on the bidding platform and lock in their maximum bid amount, if they are concerned about technology failure during the auction.
- Soft Close: If a bid is received within the last 3 minutes of the auction, the auction close time will automatically extend 3 minutes to allow other bidders an opportunity to competitively bid prior to the auction closing. This feature eliminates "snipers" and encourages fair and impartial bidding from all participants.
- Disclaimer: All information provided is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. Information is subject to change without notice. There are no warranties either expressed or implied pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold "As-Is, Where-Is" with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding. The Auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of the Seller up to, but not beyond the Seller’s reserve price (if applicable). The property is available for and subject to sale prior to auction. By participating in this auction, Buyers hereby acknowledge that any bid(s) placed by them is a binding agreement to purchase the property, subject to the bid being approved by Seller (if applicable).
- Pre-Auction Sales: As an exclusive agent for the Seller, the Auctioneer shall present any and all bona fide written offers to the Seller, which may be created outside of the online bidding platform. Therefore, all properties are subject to pre-auction sales. Pre-auction offers must meet all of the auction terms and conditions, and must be submitted to the Auctioneer on the Auction Real Estate Sales Contract, along with the required earnest deposit. Properly submitted offers will be presented to the Seller in a timely manner. Seller may accept or reject such offer at their sole and absolute discretion.